- Are These Really Free Events?
- These events are sponsored by suppliers. We book and cover the hotel room, food/restaurant events, provide transportation to and from the airport and hotel, as well as reimburse airfare up to $500 for qualified distributor attendees.
- How is this event different from trade shows or other promotional product industry events?
- Power Meetings are white-glove events—we will take care of your every need before and during the event. Promo Marketing pre-schedules all meetings so that every supplier and distributor attendee will have quality meeting time together, and meals and events are planned to maximize networking opportunities. This format enables you to focus on new sales ideas and building long-term relationships with industry-leading distributors and suppliers.
- What can I expect in each 20-minute meeting?
- The level of engagement at each meeting is much higher than that of a typical trade show since you have the luxury of having private discussions. You’ll have the opportunity to discuss specific client projects, sales concepts and ideas, and learn about product lines and processes that may be unfamiliar to you. The beauty of a Power Meeting is that each meeting can be tailored to your needs and what will help you build your business.
- How can I best prepare for the meetings?
- Start to pull together any recent projects you are working on and your top client list to share with the suppliers – this is valuable information for the suppliers to better understand your needs and how they can help you!
Don’t forget your shipper account number! We will have boxes, tape and shipping labels (FedEx Air & UPS Ground) for you to box up your goodies received from the sponsoring suppliers.
Don’t forget your business cards – you will be networking with top suppliers and distributor attendees within the industry and sharing some great ideas. Get ready to have some FUN!
- What makes a qualified distributor attendee?
- A promotional product distributor with sales responsibilities and a sales book of at least $500k—AND, he or she hasn’t attended a similar one-on-one event in the last 18 months.
- What is the big deal if I attended a similar event in the last 18 months?
- Supplier sponsors are looking to meet with new distributors they haven’t worked with, or re-engage with distributors that they haven’t seen in some time. This is valuable to both the distributor (YOU) and the supplier.
- What if my airfare is more than $500?
- The overall event is complimentary for you. We encourage you to explore all flight options to obtain the best rate.
- What if I can’t find a flight that fits the meeting schedule?
- We encourage you to use all the travel search tools available to find suitable arrangements.
- Will there be transportation from the airport when we arrive?
- Yes. Free transportation will be available from the airport, to the hotel and back, on the first and last days of the event. First day (arrival) 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; last day noon to 5 p.m. (subject to change). Our staff will be on-site to text you as you arrive at the airport. Make sure we have your mobile number.
- When do I need to be there?
- Distributors need to schedule travel to arrive at the hotel on the first day by 5 p.m. The meetings will go to about noon to 12:30 p.m. on the last day, so schedule return flights after 2 p.m. to give yourself enough time.
- What if I need extra nights at the hotel?
- We reserve and cover your room for the event dates. If you are arriving before and/or after the event dates, please coordinate with our event representative, as she may be able to have the group rate extended to you. You will be responsible for paying for those nights.
- Can I bring my spouse?
- Yes, you are welcome to bring along a co-traveler. However, keep in mind that the supplier meetings, food and networking events, and airfare reimbursements are only for the qualified distributor attendees. If you wish to bring your partner/spouse to the networking event, there will be a charge.
- Is there any dress code for the meetings or for the dinner events?
- Business casual.
- When will I receive my meeting schedule for the event?
- The overall event schedule will be posted. Your individual one-on-one meeting schedule will be handed out on-site.
- Are we required to go to the welcome reception, breakfasts, lunch and dinners?
- Yes, these are mandatory. Note that only invited and confirmed distributor attendees are permitted at the event meals, functions and meetings.
- What if I have special dietary needs?
- Alert our event team as early as possible so we can try and accommodate your needs.
- What if I have to cancel?
- Know that once you are confirmed for an event you are filling one of a limited amount of distributor spots, and that suppliers are working hard and planning to meet with YOU.
Cancellations within two weeks of the event are subject to a $200 cancellation fee. You are strongly encouraged to find a qualified replacement attendee.
- How do the reimbursements work?
- We reimburse airfare up to $500. We reimburse 30 days post-event, after all meetings and surveys are completed. Drivers are reimbursed at the IRS tax rate of .535/mile. The check will come from NAPCO Media.
For reimbursements, we need a copy of your itinerary with costs, who to make the check out to and where to mail.
- What if I don’t have time to fill out the surveys? Will I still get my reimbursement?
- The post-event surveys are mandatory to receive your reimbursement. The information is important for the success of both the suppliers and the event.
- What if my question wasn’t answered?
- We are here to help with any questions – contact us anytime:
Michael A. Cooper
Event & Business Development Specialist
NAPCO Media | Promo Marketing
(p) 215-238-5434 | (c) 215-603-1686